The Estimator will support our Expansion Joint Cover (EJC) business unit.
The Estimator interprets customer product requirements from architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications. Prepares complete and informational price quotation. Corresponds with sales representatives and contractors to obtain information relative to quotations.
- Reviews and interprets customer product requirements from architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications. Provides specifications to Drafting Department.
- Corresponds with sales representatives, architects and contractors to obtain missing information and recommend change or substitution to improve cost, delivery or product.
- Working from drawings, bid forms and verbal or written requests, prepares complete and informational cost estimates and price quotations.
- Assists in providing details of orders received for order entry, drafting and production layout.
- Makes occasional calls to sales representatives or contractors, and arranges consultation with Engineering Department.
- Performs other related work for completion of job history and order file.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- Associates degree in Architectural Technology or related field plus 1-2 years related (or, equivalent combination of education/experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting technical drawings/job specs.
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods.
- Customer service/sales experience a plus.
- Architectural drafting background or related material take‑off experience helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule effectively.
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps, and manufacturing personnel.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed