SCOPE OF POSITION:
Construction Specialties (CS) draws upon its almost 70 years of extensive expertise to design and manufacture custom, high-quality products that solve complex building challenges around the world.
Cranford is currently looking for a mid-level Estimator. The estimator will interpret product requirements from architectural drawings or written specs. Prepares bids based upon drawing specifications, material, labor and finished costs. Corresponds with field sales representatives, architects, contractors, and internal personnel in preparation of sales bids in an office collaborative environment. Experience in the construction industry is helpful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Interprets customer requirement from drawing, verbal or written specifications.
- Prepares and revises bids based upon drawing specifications, material, labor and finished costs.
- Corresponds and contacts sales reps to obtain missing info, recommends change or substitution to improve cost, delivery, or product.
- Interacts with sales reps and internal personnel to provide accurate bidding.
- Assists in providing details for order entry, drafting, production and layout of orders received.
- Works from drawings, bid forms, verbal and written requests to prepare quotes.
- Reports directly to the department supervisor.
- Provides technical product support to designers and customers as related to the quotes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years related experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- Knowledge in design basics, construction documents and fabrication methods preferred
- Architectural drafting background or related material take‑off experience helpful
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule effectively
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps, and manufacturing personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Problem solving, strategical thinking, decision making skills
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of CRM/Salesforce a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed