The Group Leader performs duties to lead and give direction to workers within the plant for our Entrance Flooring System product line. Oversees, assigns work and participates in production or other production support segment of operations. The objectives for this position are to act as coach and facilitator to group responsible for continuous and efficient production in desired quantity and quality according to customer requirements.
- Regularly performs work of the type supervised.
- Assigns and directs workers in group with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production goals and delivery dates.
- Achieves maximum efficiency and productivity of group personnel.
- Utilizes the company’s computer programs (BPCS, VPL, Email, DCC) to inquire, produce, track, and report on the current job/production and employee status.
- Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities. Ensures that work group has necessary resources to complete requirements.
- Confers with the area Supervisor and/or Production Services Manager to establishment production goals and work schedules. Works with group members to develop plans for fulfilling orders according to customer requirements. Updates the work group on information pertinent to the successful delivery of the order.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains basic production or output records.
- Maintains conformance to budgetary limitations.
- Reviews and comments on performance evaluations of all subordinates.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of production related work instructions according to ISO9001 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Praises employees for good performance and suggests corrections to ensure consistent production, quality standards, cost reduction, and increased efficiency.
- May initiate and recommend purchase of new equipment as well as recommendations on plant layout.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment working closely with the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for training of work group. Assists in identifying training needs and provides technical assistance and training when necessary. Helps facilitate the group process both in meetings and in daily operations. Provides feedback and coaching for group. Develops individual group members and the entire group in group process, team dynamics, basic quality tools, and problem solving models and techniques.
- Guides the work group's problem solving process toward continuous improvement of quality and productivity measures and expediently advises group of any organizational changes that may affect their processes. Orients new members of group. Ensures that group goals are pertinent and clear to all. Helps the group reach consensus of key issues.
- Interfaces with other departments as necessary. Builds rapport with other organizational units and individuals critical to the group's success.
- Refers unusual conditions or non‑routine problems to department Supervisor and/or Production Services Manager.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate/GED required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing/related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate welding equipment and adjusts conditions such as voltage, current, rod, and feed rate to obtain proper fusion, bead for different parts, specifications, and quality of workmanship.
- Ability to operate saws, drills, staple guns and punches.
- Ability to use hand tools, knife, tape dispenser, hand stapler, weighing or measuring instruments.
- Ability to comprehend and safely operate production equipment.
- Computer literacy – BPCS a plus.
- Able to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift 100lbs.
- Ability to read blueprints and tape measurements.
- Able/willing to work 1st Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm), plus overtime as needed.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed