Immerses parts and components in tank solutions for pre-treating and finishing.
- Checks job folder and/or work order for treatment required. Tags order with job number and piece count after pre-treat.
- Supervises racking and unracking methods and procedures of personnel assigned. Makes recommendations on faster and better ways of racking material.
- Maintains proper tank levels for maximum efficiency. Pre-treats all parts per recommendations of chemical supplier. Immerses metal parts and components in specific solutions to pre-treat and finish the parts. Operates hoist to immerse and move racks throughout the process. Checks appearance with standards. Sets up controls for time and temperature and maintains continuity of production and compliance to standard processing cycles.
- Removes parts from racks and stores in holding area waiting for further processing.
- Maintains tanks at proper chemical solution requirements, cleaning, heat levels, and water levels. Records test results and chemical adjustments in log. Maintains inventory of supplies and orders new supplies when needed.
- Secures area at end of shift.
- Keeps work area clean and enforces safety program.
- Advises supervisor of condition of equipment including overhead crane, cables, controls, fans, lights, boiler-heat, racks and supports, and water levels/temperature.
- Under supervision of Engineering, assists in the cleaning of tanks in strict compliance with a “Confined Spaces/Vessel Entry Procedures Checklist”.
- Reports problems or questionable procedures to the supervisor.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by demonstrating good quality behavior. Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing/related experience.
- Ability to use basic chemistry.
- Knowledge of metal finishing process.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend work orders, drawings, and work instructions.
- Ability to organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license and DOT Certification to drive company vehicles.
- Ability to operate crane.
- Able to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift 100lbs.
- Computer literacy.
- Able/Willing to work 2nd Shift (2:30pm - 11:00pm M-F) and overtime when available.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed