The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Skilled Craft Workers A as directed and by following work orders and schedules.
- Performs basic interpretation of blueprints, sketches, work orders, or production sheets for information pertaining to the type of material and dimensional requirements of the product to be manufactured.
- Uses basic materials and wood working techniques.
- Performs closely supervised material takeoffs.
- Inspects and selects specified wood species and color, as well as other necessary materials. Refers questions to Skilled Craft Worker A.
- Prepares basic layout sketches as required. Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements and/or configurations, inclusive of mitered or otherwise shaped interlocking components of cabinets, doors, drawers, etc.
- Sets up and operates all necessary power woodworking equipment including, but not limited to, saws, planers, routers, shapers, molders and sanding equipment as well as all associated hand tools. Performs safety inspections on required equipment.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, screws, dowels, biscuits and/or glue as required for strength, dimensional stability and aesthetics.
- Verifies dimensions, installations and fit checks using tapes, rules, calipers, squares, levels, calculator, etc.
- Fits and installs fabricated products in conformance with good workmanship standards, company guidelines and customer requirements.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by demonstrating good quality behavior. Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Reports any problems or difficulties to Skilled Craft Worker A or Wood Shop Superintendent.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.