Determines materials required and provides information to production personnel in order to fabricate products in a timely manner and meet customer requirements.
- Reads and analyzes shop drawings and job files. Determines if jobs have accurate and sufficient information in to release for fabrication.
- Communicates with Sales and Customer Service, as necessary, to obtain additional information to prepare shop work orders.
- Determines materials to be used on orders. Prepares list of hardware, raw material, colors, size, dimensions, cut lengths, stock lengths, quantities, options required, finishes, paints, and all other details that may be required to fabricate product.
- Provides bill of materials, fabrication instructions and finishing instructions for shop work orders.
- Determines time requirements, optimum sequence, and manufacturing lead times for product fabrication.
- Advises Purchasing of dates materials are required.
- Determines hardware best suited for proper installation and requisitions uncommon hardware.
- Requisitions material for large jobs that exceed normal stock levels and requisitions non-stock materials for specified jobs.
- Assists fabrication personnel when required for work order interpretation.
- Uses Capacity Planning Software to schedule jobs for manufacturing.
- Must be able to use MRP Planning system to determine material availability.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate with courses in Business Education plus additional broad specialized training equal to two years of college; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires one to two years’ experience to learn company products and production methods.
- Thorough knowledge of production planning field involving technical knowledge of production methods, material characteristics, and construction/installation methods, to determine proper fabrication procedures required.
- Minimum of 3 years MRP experience required.
- Must be able to read/interpret architectural blueprints and job specifications.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail for sustained periods of time.
- Good interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with other departments.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed