Working under minimum supervision, performs various manufacturing operations on jobs. Includes manufacture of sub‑assemblies and final assembly.
- Receives work assignments from department Production Supervisor.
- Completes assigned tasks alone or assists others in various tasks.
- Ensures that guards and safety devices are installed on equipment used and are operating properly. Performs required equipment safety inspections. Reports any discrepancies to Production Supervisor and shuts equipment down.
- Adjusts and operates saw equipment to cut extruded stock, metal and plastic to the size and shape specified by the work order. Positions fixtures and clamps to properly locate direction of cut.
- Uses other shop equipment as needed such as hand drill or drill press, punch and die press, fixed router, nut drivers and heat forming equipment.
- Performs assembly using materials and parts designated by the work order, production sheet, drawings, or catalog specifications. Follows established procedures and operations prescribed to assemble products.
- Performs simple and repetitive manufacture or make up of sub‑assemblies for stock.
- Performs on‑going quality control of own work such as using color chips to verify correct color, product (extrusion) samples for correct size and shape, and measuring devices to verify correct lengths/widths.
- Follows directions to perform other company related work when time permits or when directed.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Reports any problems or difficulties to Production Supervisor or Production Services Manager.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Minimum of 6 month manufacturing/related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend work order, drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift up to 100lbs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operator table saw, band saw, drill press, hand drill, nut driver, nail/staple gun, punch/die press, router, shaper, heat former/welder, miter saw, sander, rivet tool and measuring devices.
- Preferred: basic/intermediate metal and woodworking skills.
- Computer literacy – BPCS and VPL a plus.
- Able/Willing to work 1st Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm, M-F) plus overtime when available.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed