Responsible for all aspects of the Engineering department including but not limited to:
Project management, budgeting and resource allocation for the Engineering Department. Innovation, research, and development of new products and services. Supervision, training and development of engineering staff. Business development and leadership at the management level of the Business Unit. Company representation and interaction with professional and industry associations and committees. Support of the engineering needs of the production/manufacturing segment of the business. Procurement, operation, and maintenance of all testing equipment. Contracted design assist services. Review and interpretation of applicable codes and standards as they relate to current or future products and services. Control of the distribution of product technical information company wide.
- Maintain consistent engineering standards for project execution and design, equipment standards, safety, cost control, and timeliness. Insure that these standards are met.
- Coordinate the development and submit the annual capital project plan
- Support new product development and manufacturing with equipment/material development, installation and start-up
- Ensure a high level of competence and performance within the department
- Ensure that complete plant drawings exist and are kept up-to-date
- Support and participate in plant problem solving in mechanical, electrical, and instrument areas as requested by Production/Maintenance
- Manage the efforts of the staff Engineers to help achieve plant production goals
- Defines engineering and production approach based on customer specifications
- . Conceptualizes continuous improvement opportunities and strategic project/program growth opportunities
- Maintain excellent communication to insure focus on proper priorities
- Ensure the existence of consistent and comprehensive job standards, procedures and quality requirements for the engineering and maintenance groups
- Review new equipment designs and recommend modifications to minimize cost, conform to production capabilities and enhance safety
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required
- Performs all other related duties assigned by management
- B.S. Degree (M.S. preferred) in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated competencies leading others as the position has supervisory experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed