The Digital Content Manager creates and manages digital content and projects related to the company’s website and associated digital channels. Increases awareness of the company’s brand and products through generation and deployment of engaging content. Coordinates with Digital Marketing, Marketing Technology and Marketing Communications teams to create and implement a digital content strategy with a focus on the company website as the primary vehicle.
- Contributes to development of website content strategy that drives high engagement and aligns with short and long-term business goals.
- Coordinates with a multi-functional team of marketers and marketing technologists to enhance and maintain all website and related digital demand generation content.
- Serves as an expert in the content management system (CMS) and produces user guides and deliver training. Works with CMS developers and internal IT staff to ensure the system has been configured to meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensures that the content of a website is well-structured and easy to find and that it meets the needs of its users by covering all necessary topics and being up to date and accurate. Content can include web pages, images, videos, blog posts, guest articles, reviews and occasionally social media and marketing copy.
- Conducts content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content.
- Maintains a content calendar/roadmap and project manages content lifecycle workflow
- Writes and edits web copy.
- Creates landing pages, forms, copy, images, banner ads, and other website assets.
- Edits, organizes, reviews and approves content submitted by other contributors.
- Deploys traditional and mobile-optomized content.
- Stay knowledgeable about site's subject area.
- Partners with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure continual optimization of content for search engines, identify content gaps, monitor site analytics and discover opportunities to improve user experience or customer journeys.
- Partners with marketing technology team for any complex site technical development or programming.
- Manages site assets including web pages, visuals, rich media and documents. This includes manipulating photos in Photoshop and using YouTube’s auto-captioning service.
- Ensures correct branding, typography and cross-platform style standards
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism, technical writing, English or related field
- 3-5 years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Two years demonstrated content creation (copy and graphics) experience
- Two years of demonstrated experience working within content management systems (Sitecore and/or Sitecore certification preferred)
- Must have a strong technical background in addition to the creativity required to develop responsive, interesting original content. Familiarity with basic SEO best practices and keyword research.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- High level of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervsion
- Experience collaborating with creative and technical teams
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems (i.e. Marketo)
- Basic Adobe Creative Cloud skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed