The Print Production Artist sets the foundation for successful printing production with Acrovyn by Design. In finalizing the artwork, Production Artists may suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met. They ensure that the proper format, appearance, and layout of text and images is set before the full print run is completed. Other technical duties may include reading building elevations, scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and preflighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. They will also be responsible for archiving and updating graphic files and job vitals.
WHAT IS Acrovyn by Design?:
Acrovyn by Design allows CS to reproduce virtually any image, logo, color and more onto your walls without the concern of damage because it will be safely embedded behind durable, rigid sheet. Acrovyn by Design wall covering is reverse printed with patterns and custom imagery. It is Supplied in standard 4’ x 8’ (1.2m x 2.4m) or 4' x 10’ (1.2m x 3.0m) rigid sheets with standard Suede texture and is .040" (1.02mm) thick. A majority of our work is being installed in Healthcare and Educational facilities as well as some of the most well known buildings in the world.
- Reads Layouts & Releases, checks for special instructions (customer notes, digital paperwork, etc.).
- Preflighst and evaluates incoming files from customers for print production/check layout specifications, colors and Image sizes.
- Reviews architectural change proposals, requests for information, and addenda drawings for effect on scope of work.
- Works directly with the Project Coordinator and customer to clearly identify, resolve and communicate file issues and recommend solutions
- Answers specific or general technical questions from architects, contractors, and representatives.
- Utilizes design Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) to create or correct files
- Utilizes Esko Automation Engine and i-Cut Suite to create or correct Production Files and Reports for print production
- Generates accurate PDF print files and proofs for client approvals
- Checks accuracy of PDF print files
- Works within the guidelines of the color management program
- Makes necessary adjustments to files in order for the job to RIP correctly.
- Checks accuracy of cut files for CNC programmer
- Other various prepress related tasks: archiving, system management, etc.
- Performs other duties assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Graphic Design, Interior Design) preferred; Associates degree in related field (such as Visual Communications) required
- 3+ years prepress experience preferred; 1 year prepress required.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro) required
- Working Knowledge of the ColorGATE RIP software
- Working knowledge of CAD or similar software preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Architectural drawings preferred
- Working knowledge of Esko 1 cut layout suite ideal
- Color Management
- Solid knowledge of file standards for print production (RIPs, bleed, marks, resolution, etc.)
- Ability to multitask: prioritizing, attention to detail, maintaining professionalism and high quality of work
- Understanding of Process Control
- Microsoft Office Suite
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed