APPROACHING 2,000 EMPLOYEES WORLDWIDE AND GROWING…CS is a leading supplier of architectural building products. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a...
The Drafter will support our Interior Wall Protection (IWP) Business Unit coordinating projects to include: customer service and drafting submissions, revisions, reviews and releases.
- Coordinates layout drawings and details with Estimator's quotation. Creates layout drawings from Estimator's quotations, either manually, CAD overlay or AutoCAD, for architectural comments and review.
- Modifies standard details for custom applications as required on special projects.
- Creates new standard details on AutoCAD for detail database. Maintains and upgrades as required.
- Creates custom transitions and details for special applications on AutoCAD for special projects.
- Creates AutoCAD custom details for sales promotional efforts.
- Recaps job quantities and models for comparison with Estimator's quotation for sales analysis.
- Reviews architectural change proposals, requests for information, and addenda drawings for effect on scope of work.
- Recaps project models and quantities from approved submittal drawings for production and fabrication purposes.
- Answers specific or general technical questions from architects, contractors, and representatives.
- Creates written requests for clarification on specific questions relating to submittal drawings and for purchase of special products as required for fabrication.
- Coordinates and converses with Production Department to ensure accuracy and final fabrication of project requirements.
- Creates sample requests for specific project requirements.
- Travel to project sites to resolve or answer concerns regarding installation, drawings or product usage.
- Travels to contractors or architect project sites to aid Sales in potential work.
- Converses with Research and Development to ensure proper coordination in the introduction of new products.
- Coordinates and orders custom color matches with Purchasing.
- Assists with inventory auditing.
- Converses with Sales department to adjust pricing as necessary.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’
- Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blue prints and architectural drawings
- Experience with Microsoft excel
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate among customer service, drafting, sales reps, architects, and contractors.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed