Data Aire started innovating cooling solutions over five decades ago in an effort to deliver products that are precise by design. If you’re interested in being part of a solutions-driven organization with a passion for finding creative answers for our customers, then Data Aire is the right company for you.
Located between Los Angeles and San Diego California, Data Aire is a great place to work while enjoying the quality of life Orange County has to offer.
Owns financial management and budget process for assigned Business Units. Leads partnerships with individual business units to include uniformity in: financial analysis, identifying business trends, inventory management and financial modeling. Partners with business units to detect growth initiatives, earning improvements and ROI. ROI's focus should include but not limited to: Equipment, headcount, process changes and new product development.
Furthermore, the plant controller engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance. Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Assist Corporate Finance and Business Unit General Managers with financial reporting as required for Board meetings and Business Unit Updates
- Manage the preparation of the operation's and business units' budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Evaluate and maintain plant labor and overhead rates as well as associated cost drivers
- Establish and/or revise bills of materials and process routings for existing and new products
- Analyze and explain monthly manufacturing variances
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report to management
- Participate in the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related field from four-year College or University plus five to ten years Costing experience in a Manufacturing environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated track record of improving bottom line.
- Demonstrated ability to work crossfunctionally.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Oracle/Hyperion reporting is a plus
- Understanding of Database structures, Database table relationships, and report building a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed